A provincial election will be held in British Columbia (BC) on May 9, 2017. Arthritis Consumer Experts (ACE) advocates that arthritis, a disease affecting more than 600,000 British Columbians, should be an issue of great importance to candidates running for office.
ACE sent an open letter and a survey to candidates running in the BC election. As part of its core government outreach activities and in the spirit of non-partisanship, ACE outlines the impact of arthritis in British Columbia and asks each candidate to share how government can improve prevention, treatment and care in British Columbia.
Any responses received by ACE will be catalogued and posted as they arrive.
ACE survey and party responses
ACE letter sent to each candidate included:
- Email to candidate
- ACE Survey: Share your plan for arthritis prevention, treatment and care in British Columbia
- Arthritis in British Columbia Fact Sheet
- BC Citizens First Party
- British Columbia Conservative Party
- British Columbia Liberal Party
- British Columbia Libertarian Party
- BC NDP
- British Columbia Social Credit Party
- Christian Heritage Party of British Columbia
- Communist Party of BC
- Green Party Political Association of British Columbia
- The Cascadia Party of British Columbia
- The Vancouver Island Party
- Your Political Party of BC
How will you improve the speed in which people living with arthritis receive healthcare?
How will you address the shortage of rheumatologists?
Any questions received by ACE will be posted anonymously.
Candidates contact information
Elections BC Home Page
BC Green Party Home Page
BC Liberal Party Home Page
BC NDP Home Page