January 17, 2011
For Immediate Release
GROUND BREAKING LUPUS RESEARCH VIDEOS LAUNCHED TODAY ON YOUTUBE BY THE ARTHRITIS RESEARCH CENTRE OF CANADA AND ARTHRITIS CONSUMER EXPERTS
(Canada-Wide) — The Arthritis Research Centre of Canada and Arthritis Consumer Experts are pleased to announce the launch of their ground breaking lupus research video series on YouTube from the 9th International Congress on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus ("Lupus 2010").
The Lupus 2010, held in Vancouver, British Columbia, attracted hundreds of world leading researchers, healthcare professionals, and individuals living with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) to learn about the latest scientific developments and future opportunities in research, education and care.
While showcasing the latest developments in the management of lupus, including the results of the most recent clinical trials and reports on recent discoveries on its basic causes, the objectives of the Lupus 2010 were to:
- Review the state of the science and the "state of the art" in SLE treatment and management.
- Identify future opportunities in research.
- Train and encourage young scientists to be the next generation of leaders in SLE research through mentorship by the current leaders.
- Narrow the gap between what we know, what we do, and what we could do for those with lupus to ensure that as advances are made in treatment and management they are communicated world-wide.
- Reduce knowledge barriers between cultures, between the lay public and professionals, and between different disciplines.
- Empower patients through education.
Please visit www.youtube.com/arthritisresearch, www.arthritisresearch.ca/lupus2010, or www.jointhealth.org/lupus2010 to watch the video series and report on the latest scientific developments in lupus.
For more information or an interview with a representative of Arthritis Consumer Experts or the Arthritis Research Centre of Canada, please contact Cheryl Koehn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. John Esdaile at email@example.com