A provincial election will be held in Ontario on June 12, 2014. Arthritis Consumer Experts (ACE) believes that arthritis, a disease affecting more adults than cancer, heart disease, and spinal cord trauma, should be an issue of great importance to candidates running for office.
ACE sent an open letter and a survey to all of the candidates running in the June 12 Ontario election. As part of its core government outreach activities and in the spirit of non-partisanship, ACE outlines in its letter to candidates the impact of arthritis in Ontario and asks each candidate to make a commitment to improving care for the more than 1.8 million Ontario residents who live with some form of arthritis.
Responses were collected up to this date and time: 1:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, June 10, 2014. Any responses received by ACE after this date and time will be catalogued and added to our website at a later time.
ACE survey and party responses
ACE letter sent to each candidate included:
- Email to candidate
- ACE survey: What do you plan to do for Ontarians with Arthritis?
- Ontario Arthritis Information Fact Sheet
- Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario (Ontario PC Party)
- Ontario New Democratic Party (ONDP) or (NDP)
- Ontario Liberal Party
- Ontario PC Party individual candidate responses
- Green Party of Ontario individual candidate responses
- Liberal individual candidate responses
- Ontario New Democratic Party candidate responses